Well, I have been suffering from bunions for over a year now. Yes, it is that horrible burning, stinging, pain in your foot. So if you don't have them, please don't ever get them (women, stay away from those pointed high heels - its not worth it).
I decided that I would contact a local place that is conducting a study on pain medication after bunion removal. The name of the place will remain unnamed! But if you want to know, I will tell you. I went thru the interview and the physical. They said that I qualified. So no worries - there were 4 different medications that you could be put on.... one is a low dose of the study medication, one is a higher dose of the study medication, one is Oxycontin (sp?), and the last is of course a placebo.... Needless to say the odds of getting real medication was 92%, can you guess what percent I was in???? Well if you guessed the other 8% -- you are correct!!
Well on March 25th I had surgery around 9am and that night at 11 pm I was in PAIN! Lucky me I got a loritab (sp?). It took the edge off. Then 2 hours later I wanted something more... okay I can have Tylenol (whoopee!). That did not help. Well, to make a really long story short, I suffered in pain until Wednesday morning. I had had no sleep and every time the nurses would come in to ask what my pain number is (you know that 1 to 10 scale) I would tell them 9 as I was crying... The poor guy that came in on Wednesday morning all bubbly and "how are you today" attitude, did not get the response he was expecting I am afraid.
So I withdrew from the study and went home with really good medication!! Felt much better and got some sleep! So that is my story in a nutshell. At least it is over now and I did not have to pay for it. Okay - I am a tightwad! I did not want to pay the insurance deductible. Ask my husband, he will tell you that I won't spend a dime unless I have to.
So here are some pictures of my foot a week later... if you are squeamish, please stop here.... Note the bump on my right foot... yip a bunion... nope won't have it done unless I can no longer walk. The left one was much more pronounced....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:
OUCH! I'm glad you are feelling better! By the way, digging your background ;).
Post a Comment